2019 THEATRE TAMPA BAY UNIFIED AUDITIONS
Professional Regional Auditions for Equity and Professional Non-Equity Actors
Saturday, June 22nd, 2019
Deadline for Registration:
11:59 p.m. Wednesday, June 19th, 2019
At this time, the following theatre companies are confirmed as attending the auditions:
- Aeon Life
- American Stage
- Busch Gardens
- Early Bird
- Tampa Rep
Start by researching their seasons to see what roles they might be filling!
Teresa Ancaya, a concert pianist who plays for St Pete Opera, has agreed to play at the Unifieds this year.
Hillsborough Community College
Performing Arts Building
Corner of East Palm Avenue and North 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605.
Before You Register
Please read the following for detailed information.
- These auditions are for professional theatre companies who are looking to hire both Equity and professional Non-Equity actors for their upcoming productions.
- To participate in the auditions you must be at least 16 years old. Professional actors under 16 please email to be prequalified.
- You must be a member of either Theatre Tampa Bay or Actors Equity Association in order to audition.
- If you are not already a member, please join Theatre Tampa Bay before registering for an audition time.
Click the button above to register for your audition time. Please be sure to add your email as this will provide a reminder two days prior to the auditions. If all audition slots are filled, please email to get on the waiting list.
Update Your TTB Profile
Update your profile on the TTB website with your latest
- Headshot (jpg)
- Resume (pdf)
Resumes and headshots must be uploaded no later than 11:59PM on June 20th, 2019!
Get help with your profile in the Member FAQ
Prepare Your Audition Pieces
You will have a total of two minutes to audition. You may use your time for monologue, song or a combination of both.
Audition piece(s) should be thoroughly rehearsed and timed. Time starts when you begin your audition either with your monologue or song. Time will be called after two minutes.
- If you are singing, prepare your sheet music for the accompanist and bring it to the audition.
- The 16 bars of your song must be clearly marked on your sheet music. Please have clear copies of published vocal-selection sheet music in plastic sheets in a binder, secured on cardboard or taped together.
- Have music in the correct key and clearly marked as to dynamics, tempos, articulation, repeats, and endings.
Be Sure to Bring
- Your Theatre Tampa Bay or Actors Equity Association membership card. New and recently renewed members will pick up their cards as they check in.
- If you are singing, your sheet music (prepared as described above).
Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building, located at the corner of E. Palm Ave and N. 14th Street (Avenida Republica de Cuba) in historic Ybor City, Tampa, Florida 33605. Enter the building and proceed to the lobby, where you will check in.
Check in at the registration table in the Lobby at least 30 minutes before your scheduled group time. Please see below for group numbers and times.
|Group 1: 9:30 – 10:00am|
Group 2: 10:00 – 10:30am
Group 3: 10:30 – 11:00am
Group 4: 11:00 – 11:30am
Group 5: 11:30 – 12:00pm
Group 6: 12:00 – 12:30pm
Group 7: 1:00 – 1:30pm
Group 8: 1:30 – 2:00pm
Group 9: 2:00 – 2:30pm
Group 10: 2:30 – 3:00pm
Group 11: 3:00 – 3:30pm
Group 12: 3:30 – 4:00pm
Group 13: 4:00 – 4:30pm
Group 14: 4:30 – 5:00pm
|Arrive by 9:00|
Arrive by 9:30
Arrive by 10:00
Arrive by 10:30
Arrive by 11:00
Arrive by 11:30
Arrive by 12:30
Arrive by 1:00
Arrive by 1:30
Arrive by 2:00
Arrive by 2:30
Arrive by 3:00
Arrive by 3:30
Arrive by 4:00
The Audition Space
The auditions are held in the main stage theatre at Hillsborough Community College Performing Arts Building. A chair will be provided for you to use if required and the accompanist will be to your left downstage. A table will be provided at the side of the stage for purses, etc. The company representatives will be seated at throughout the house in front of the stage.
The audition space will be shown to actors at the times listed below. If you want to see the audition space, please arrive early.
9:25 am 10:45am 12:15pm 2:00pm 3:30pm
The Audition Process
Once your group has been called, you’ll wait briefly in line outside the audition entry. When you enter, do the following in this order:
1. State your audition number and name as soon as you enter the space. This will give the companyrepresentatives time to find your resume before you begin your audition.
2. If you have a purse or bag, leave it on the table provided.
3. If you plan to sing, go directly to the accompanist to briefly review your sheet music. If you’re not singing, skip to 4.
4. Go directly to downstage center of the stage. State your number and name again.
5. Begin your monologue and/or song. Don’t explain it or tell the company representatives what piece(s) or song(s) you will do. Just begin your monologue and/or song after you state your audition number and name again. Your two-minute audition will begin when you start your monologue or
song (whichever one starts your audition).
6. After your monologue (if applicable), nod to the accompanist that you’re ready to sing.
7. Once your audition is completed, state your name and number one more time.
8. Pick up your sheet music and bag/purse, if applicable, and exit stage right, the opposite side of the stage from where you entered.
Companies will not hold on-site callbacks this year, but will contact you individually as needed.
All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com no later than 11:59, June 21st, 2019. Emergency last-minute cancellations may be called in to the TTB Staff at 813-679-6205, but this should only be done as a last resort. Please note that several theatre companies will hold “no call,
no show” against you, so be sure to use the correct cancellation procedure.